The Strategies for Policing Innovation (SPI) program just added a new resource to the SPI Toolkit, courtesy of the Portland, Oregon, Police Bureau. The resource provides guidance for law enforcement agencies interested in developing a community survey. The six-part resource includes:
· An introduction to the resource.
· Tips for designing surveys.
· An overview of types of survey questions and data analysis.
· Tips for writing survey questions.
· A problem-oriented policing (POP) survey demonstration.
· Examples of community surveys.
The resource is intended to provide foundational guidance for law enforcement agencies as they look to engage and measure outreach to the communities they serve, as well as references and resources for those interested in learning more about designing and implementing community surveys. Topics for further study include sampling, survey, data analysis, and statistics.
Learn more about developing community surveys and access the resource here.